Installation and Repair Technician - Contractor (Lower Mainland) hide this posting
compensation: Piece work
employment type: full-time
Job Summary -- Installation and Repair Technician (Contractor)
As an Installation and Repair Technician you will be responsible for the set up and maintenance of telecommunication services including phone, Internet, and television. You will work in customers' homes and businesses providing exceptional customer service and quality work. This is a good fit for you if you enjoy working with technology while also providing a best-in-class approach to customer service.
* Drive to and from residential and small business customer locations in a defined geographic area performing installation and repair of phone, Internet and digital television services on behalf of our client
* Receive and complete work orders from a centralized dispatch center ensuring that routes are efficient and that service is delivered in a timely manner
* Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner to ensure that their work orders are completed as requested
* Provide a high level of customer service ensuring that any escalations or concerns are addressed professionally
* Troubleshoot technical issues
* Trace and locate appropriate telecommunications links, which could involve climbing telephone poles, working in confined spaces (attics and crawl spaces) and climbing ladders
* Utilize handheld tools within the customer location
* Work both indoors and outdoors at the customer location
* Utilize a laptop computer and various software applications
* Ensure test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
* May perform other related duties as assigned
- Previous experience from the following industries is an asset: telecommunications, home installation and service for electronics and appliances, sales, retail, security, automotive service, cabling, electrical, electronic signage and mechanical
- Degree or diploma from a technical college would be an asset
- Previous experience working in the field independently and strong technical aptitude
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be computer savvy and able to handle multiple computer applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Self-Motivated and able to prioritize and organize work-loads with little direction
- Must have and maintain a valid Class 5 provincial driver's license
Weekend work is required
As part of regular duties you will be required to drive to communities outside of your assigned region to perform installations and repairs (During the year, travel will be required outside the Lower Mainland on LOA rates).
Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Please Email your Resume
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Va rog contactati-ma la telefon Sebastian 778-710-5339.